If you’re in the market for a new car, many car dealer websites will show that a Volkswagen is an excellent option. When you search car dealer websites for great deals, you’ll see the many styles of cars available as well. Whether you’re considering the purchase of a Volkswagen or other brand or one of many new car leases available, or if you are looking for a used car dealer that will help you find something to fit your budget, here are some fun facts to consider when looking for your next vehicle.
1. It is true that Volkswagen was originally founded in 1937 by the German Labour Front, or Deutsche Arbeitsfront, which was the Nazi trade union. However, Germany and Volkswagen have now distanced themselves from this past. Today Volkswagen fights for the rights of workers and labor unions to protect those who make their living in the auto manufacturing industry, and they are still one of the leading car brands in the world today.
2. The Volkswagen Beetle, a.k.a. the “Bug,” was an economy car produced between 1938 and 2003. It was the most widely manufactured car model in the history of the automobile and sold more models worldwide than any other car. For a few years, Volkswagen produced the updated “new Beetle”; today the much loved Bug has resurfaced with a design more similar to its original build.
3. Speaking of the Beetle, in the 1950s it was considered more comfortable and powerful than most small European cars. The reason for this was that it was designed to sustain continuous high speeds on the Autobahn, Germany’s largest motorway at almost 8,000 miles in length. Although there is regulation of speeds on the Autobahn today, with the restricted or suggested top speed at 81 miles per hour, the speeds of many drivers can reach over 100 miles per hour.
4. And speaking of speeding, each minute law enforcement officials across the United States issue about 65 tickets for traffic violations. If you receive one, these tickets can greatly increase your insurance premiums and put you in a pool of higher-risk drivers. Since car insurance payments can affect your credit score, it’s important to keep payments low and make them on time, so if you need to purchase a new vehicle, you can get the financing you need.
5. In order to start your car, your vehicle uses about half an ounce of gasoline. For a visual reference, that’s about one-third of a shot glass. And let’s face it: gas prices are high! You need a vehicle that is fuel-efficient to save you money on gas. Be sure to check Volkswagen’s car dealer websites in order to find a new or pre-owned vehicle that fits your budget’s needs and take advantage of the many VW lease specials available today.