The devastating news that four of the five girls in the tragic accident at the beginning of the summer were drinking was published in the newspaper this week. Only three of the five were old enough to drive and the one girl who was not old enough to drive and had not been drinking was a passenger in the back seat, instead of behind the wheel. The drinking the inexperienced drivers, however, were not the only contributing factors. The accident reports in the paper indicated that the vehicle was traveling 90 miles an hour when it left the road and crashed.
When news like a car accident that caused four deaths hits the news it should come as no surprise that parents throughout the community are looking for increased safety options. Driving classes for beginners, of course, can teach the basics of being on the road, but it is always a challenge to convince teens that they are not invincible.
Traffic Lessons and Practice Driving Offer a Number of Advantages to Young Drivers
Whether you are looking at Chandler drivers school options in Arizona or you are looking for driving safety school courses in the midwest, it is also important to make sure that you, as a parent, are practicing the best driving skills yourself. Young drivers, especially bold teenagers, need to be surrounded by parents and other adults who demonstrate the very best skills every time they are on the road. Consider some of these facts and figures about the driving habits of Americans and the roles that the automobile industry and traffic lessons play on the safety of our roads:
- Making two trips with an average total duration of 46 minutes, Americans drive an average of 29.2 miles per day.
- There are 214 million licensed drivers in America.
- The fatality rate for drivers age 16 to 19 is four times that of drivers age 25 to 69 years
- Teens are almost 10 times more likely to be in a crash in their first year on the road.
- As many as 56% of teens rely on their parents to learn how to drive, but many might benefit from professional driving lessons.
From Chandler drivers schools to Midwestern lessons about driving in winter weather conditions, it is important to know that you are equipping your youngest drivers with all of the skills that they need to be safe while they are on the road.